20 Best Gospel Funeral Songs
It’s well known that the loss of a loved one can bring a community together to mourn as one. When a funeral mass features gospel music, it can be both inspiring and uplifting to a community while bringing people together in a difficult time. Gospel funeral music has a way of helping those who are in grief express emotion in song when words might fail, and can help a community connect with God in a trying time when celebrating the life of a loved one.
Gospel funeral music is a type of christian funeral music and is a sibling in musical genres to funeral hymns and country funeral music. No matter what you're looking for, there are countless homegoing funeral songs that can be used to help commemorate a loved one, but gospel funeral music can be especially moving for a community.
As with every other aspect of a funeral service, it’s best to find a funeral song that feels personal to the bereaved, friends, and family. That being said, when it comes to gospel funeral music, there are many songs to choose from that can make for the right mood for a funeral service.
If you're involved in planning a funeral, you may also want to consider creating a free memorial website to easily share funeral information and collect stories and photos:
Here are 20 of the most popular gospel funeral songs that you can use for a memorial service:
20. “When We All Get to Heaven” by Richard Smallwood
19. “All We Ask” by Donnie McClurkin
18. “God Is Here” by Karen Clark Sheard
17. “All I Need” by Myron Williams
16. “If I Don’t Wake Up” by The Williams Brothers
15. “I Need You Now” by Smokie Norful
14. “If You Could See Me Now” by Bishop Paul S. Morton, Sr.
13. “I’ll See You Again” by Richard Smallwood
12. “I Want To See Jesus” by The Angelic Gospel Singers
11. “I’m Going Away” by Walter Hawkins
10. “Step Aside” by Yolanda Adams
9. “Till We Meet Again” by Kirk Franklin
8. “Stand” by Pastor Donnie McClurkin
7. “I Trust You” by James Fortune & Fiya
6. "Is My Living In Vain" by The Clark Sisters
Performed at Aretha Franklin's funeral celebration services in 2018
5. “I Shall Wear a Crown” by Richard Smallwood
Watch a rendition of “I Shall Wear a Crown” performed by the Aretha Franklin Celebration Choir at Aretha Franklin's funeral celebration services in 2018
4. “Yes God Is Real” by Bishop G.E. Patterson
3. “Jesus Promised Me a Home Over There” by Jennifer Hudson
2. “You Waited” by Travis Greene
1. "Marvelous" by Walter Hawkins
Watch a rendition of “Marvelous” performed by the Aretha Franklin Celebration Choir at Aretha Franklin's funeral celebration services in 2018
Are you planning a funeral? Create a memorial website to easily share information with friends and family for free.