20 Best Christian Funeral Songs
After losing a loved one, it can be tough to find the right words to express what you feel. Playing a Christian funeral song for friends and family of the bereaved can be a beautiful way to honor a loved one while bringing people together in such a difficult time. Christian funeral music has a special way of putting emotion, words and faith together to help those who are grieving celebrate a loved one’s life and a devotion to God.
Christian funeral music may have been composed of funeral hymns historically, but today, there is a variety of music to choose from across many sub-genres, including contemporary Christian funeral music, country funeral songs, and gospel funeral songs. No matter what you're looking for, there are countless Christian funeral songs that can be used to help commemorate a loved one.
As with every other aspect of a funeral service, it’s best to find a funeral song that feels personal to the bereaved, friends, and family. That being said, when it comes to Christian music, there are many songs to choose from that can make for the right mood for a funeral service.
If you're involved in planning a funeral, you may also want to consider creating a free memorial website to easily share funeral information and collect stories and photos:
Here are 20 of the most popular Christian funeral songs that you can use for a memorial service:
20. “I’ll See You Again” by Westlife
I'll see you again was released by Irish pop band Westlife in 2009. The band's lead singer has discussed his strong Christian faith, and some of this comes through in the songs lyrics. The chorus starts with, "I'll see you again / You never really left / I feel you walk beside me I know I'll see you again".
19. “It Is Not Death to Die” by Sovereign Grace
18. “I Will Rise” by Chris Tomlin
17. “Three Wooden Crosses” by Randy Travis
16. “Go Rest High On That Mountain” by Vince Gill
15. “Angels Among Us” by Alabama
14. “On My Way Home” by The Booth Brothers
13. “Jealous of the Angels” by Donna Taggart
12. “Dancing in the Sky” by Dani and Lizzy
11. “Jesus Promised Me a Place Over There” by Jennifer Hudson
10. “If Heaven” by Andy Griggs
9. “Knowing What I Know About Heaven” by Guy Penrod & Sarah Darling
8. “Stand” by Pastor Donnie McClurkin
7. “When I Get Where I’m Going” by Brad Paisley
6. “When I’m Gone” by Joey+Rory
5. “How Great Thou Art” by Alan Jackson
4. “Heaven’s Now My Home” by Libby Allen
3. “If Heaven Wasn’t So Far Away” by Justin Moore
2. “Amazing Grace” by Alan Jackson
1. “Broken Halos” by Chris Stapleton
Are you planning a Christian funeral? Create a memorial website to easily share information with friends and family for free.