20 Best Country Funeral Songs
Country music has a way of telling a unique story that can resonate with anyone who is listening. When it comes to picking funeral songs, a country funeral song can be the best way to honor a loved one’s favorite music or simply embody what a community may be feeling. Whether you’re looking for something from a prominent male singer like Garth Brooks, a prominent female singer like Carrie Underwood, or a timeless singer like Martina McBride or Faith Hill, there are countless of country funeral songs that can be used to help commemorate a loved one.
As with every other aspect of the funeral services, it’s best to find a funeral song that is personal to the bereaved, friends, and family or perhaps a country song by a country singer that was a particular favorite of the loved one. That being said, when it comes to country music funeral songs, there are many to choose from that can make for the right mood for a funeral service.
If you're unsure about which country songs to use for a funeral, consider creating a list of potential songs and sharing it with close family members. Ask them which songs remind them most of the deceased or which songs help them feel better. Country music can be a power factor in processing grief.
You may also want to consider creating a memorial website to easily share funeral information with friends and family for free:
Here are 20 of the most popular country funeral songs that you can use for a memorial service for a loved one.
20. “Go Rest High On That Mountain” by Vince Gill
19. “Over You” by Miranda Lambert
18. “Believe” by Brooks & Dunn
17. “Remember When” by Alan Jackson
16. “Temporary Home” by Carrie Underwood
15. “How Can I Help You Say Goodbye” by Patty Loveless
14. “Three Wooden Crosses” by Randy Travis
13. “Angels Among Us” by Alabama
12. “When I Get Where I’m Going” by Brad Paisley
11. “I’m Already There” by Lonestar
10. “God’s Will” by Martina McBride
9. “You Should Be Here” by Cole Swindell
8. “You’re Gonna Miss This” by Trace Adkins
7. “Don’t Blink” by Kenny Chesney
6. “If Heaven” by Andy Griggs
5. “The Dance” by Garth Brooks
4. “If Heaven Wasn’t So Far Away” by Justin Moore
3. “There You’ll Be” by Faith Hill
2. “Drink A Beer” by Luke Bryan
1. “Broken Halos” by Chris Stapleton
If you want to easily share funeral information with friends and family, consider creating a free memorial website: