How to Create a Memorial Website
When a loved one dies, it can be difficult to know what to do or where to start. One thing that many people choose to do is create a memorial website in honor of their loved one. This can be a great way to share photos, videos, and memories with friends and family members who may not live nearby. It’s also a great way to keep everyone in the loop regarding events and logistics, which can quickly overwhelm those who try to do this without a memorial website. Learn how to create a memorial website and some of the benefits that go along with setting one up.
How do I create a memorial website?
If it's your first time creating a memorial website, there are some questions you'll want to consider before picking a platform:
- If you're in need of funeral expenses or want to raise donations, does the platform have fundraising capabilities?
- If there are events, are you able to share that information on the website? Can you collect RSVPs?
- Is there the ability to post condolences, photos, and videos? If so, is there a limit to how many can be posted?
- How long does the memorial website stay up?
- Is there a charge for any of the features on the memorial website?
- Can anyone access the memorial website or only a few people?
- Is there tech support available for any questions you may have?
- Is the site easy to navigate and use, especially for older audiences?
Answering these questions before landing on a platform will give you a better understanding of the product and will help avoid any unwanted surprises down the line. If you’re looking to create memorial website on Ever Loved, here are the answers to those questions:
- If you're in need of funeral expenses or want to raise donations, does the platform have fundraising capabilities? Yes, Ever Loved has fundraising capabilities.
- If there are events, are you able to share that information on the website? Can you collect RSVPs? Yes, you’re able to collect RSVPs and share event information, including streaming information on Ever Loved.
- Is there the ability to post condolences, photos, and videos? If so, is there a limit to how many can be posted? Yes, you can post unlimited condolences, photos, and videos.
- How long does the memorial website stay up? Ever Loved memorial websites stay up indefinitely, or until you’re ready to take them down.
- Is there a charge for any of the features on the memorial website? Ever Loved memorial websites are entirely free.
- Can anyone access the memorial website or only a few people? Anyone can access an Ever Loved memorial website.
- Is there tech support available for any questions you may have? Ever Loved offers support via email (email@example.com), chat, or by phone.
- Is the site easy to navigate and use, especially for older audiences? Yes, Ever Loved memorial sites are easy to navigate and use, especially for older audiences.
Creating a memorial website on Ever Loved is as easy as entering in some key information about the person who passed away and clicking the 'Create' button. After that, you'll be guided through a personalized onboarding experience to make sure you're getting the most out of your memorial website. If you’re interested in seeing a memorial website template, be sure to check out Ever Loved’s example website.
Are online memorial sites free?
If you set up an online memorial through Ever Loved, you are able to set up memorials for loved ones for free. Other platforms may charge you for certain services (such as the ability to add unlimited photos or collect RSVP information, but Ever Loved does not).
Memorial sites can be free depending on the service that you go with. There are some online obituary websites that will charge you for some capabilities but not others. If you're working with a different platform, make sure you take a look at what parts of their sites are offered for free and what parts aren't. Some platforms will charge you to keep the site published, to upload additional photos, or to add specific information, so you'll want to make sure you have an understanding of what to expect before setting up a memorial website elsewhere.
I already published an obituary in the newspaper. Should I still set up a memorial site?
Setting up a memorial website is a good idea, even if you've already published an obituary in the newspaper. You'll be able to publish the obituary online (ensuring everyone can access it) and you'll get access to the other features that go along with your memorial website. Since Ever Loved memorial websites are free, creating the memorial website is a great, free way to connect with your family, friends, and community after losing someone.
What information is typically included on a memorial website?
Most memorial websites let you post the following information on the memorial: - The full name of the decedent and a primary photo - The obituary for the deceased - Any event information - An area to collect condolences from friends and family
Some platforms may charge extra for additional features, but this is typically what you should expect to find when searching for memorial websites. On Ever Loved, your memorial site will come with all of the above and many additional features, including the ability to:
- Collect RSVPs and post streaming information for any events
- Collect and post unlimited photos, condolences, videos, and memories
- Get help with writing an obituary using Ever Loved’s obituary templates
- Post a timeline of your loved one's life
- Create a fundraiser for personal or charitable donations
- Get help with tasks via the Post-Death Checklist
- Personalize your memorial website by choosing different color schemes
- Offer your loved one's belongings or items that are up for sale or are being given away
- Let your community know the ways they can best support your family during this time
These features come with every standard memorial website on Ever Loved and are entirely free.